- I finished The Harvest draft, my first full-length novel!
- I surpassed 200 followers on my Facebook author page: Barrio Blues and Other Totally True Stories. I also got more followers on Instagram and Twitter. Please, follow me, and I will follow you (unless you are a fascist or racist).
- I got new followers on my Amazon author page! (Thank you fellow writers!)
- I received my printed bookmarkers, finally! They look A-mAzing.
- I also connected with a number of new writers and have put them on the list to review their work. (But, I am only doing three a month. If you would like me to review your book, please post your author name, title, and book link in the comments.)
- Now, I can call myself a writer and not just say it's a hobby because it's not. I don't mean I spend hours doing this work I love and have it interfere with my obligations (because I don't and I don't have hours to spend on my craft), but I am a writer who teaches at a community college, runs her union chapter, and is a devoted mom and wife. I am all of these with great pride, love, and joy, and I deeply cherish the precious time I do have for writing.
So, in that vein, I am taking the advice of another writer who suggested that I set the novel aside for a while. I am doing that because I need to get into the rhythm of writing and revising. And I have three more projects for September and beyond: (1) The Awakening (Book #3 in La Bruja del Barrio Loco Series), (2) A set of three magical realism novellas for young adults; I am 2/3 done, and (3) My short story collection Down South Where the Water Is Warm, which I need to revise. As you can see, I have my work cut out for this month. I will have more news as I complete my next book.
OK my friends, have a fantastic day!
Believe in your writing; believe in yourself as a writer. #Resist!