Plus, (drum roll) I just took the leap and sent it to my new buddy Eddie. I also offered what I thought were specific feedback questions for him. I listed them below, in case you are curious what this process could be like, now that I'm done breathing into the paper bag and hit send. Just kidding.
Beta Reader Questions:
- Is the backstory of the duende clear enough?
- Is the use of Spanish and when Nana speaks Spanish clear?
- Is the pacing too fast?
- Are there gaps in the story you want filled?
- General comments would be great.
- In terms of grammar, I just want to make sure my word choice is varied and effective.
- Also, please highlight or add side comments, if you do in-text comments, so I an clearly differentiate your suggestions.
This afternoon, my son invited me to watch a remodeling house show, and one of the suggestions for marketing was to have a recognizable hashtag. It just occurred to me that I hadn't been using one, which is stupid considering all the social media I use, so I am claiming #barrioblues. Get used to seeing it on all my posts, especially book promotions. I don't think I will be using the #Resist tag because that has to do with my political life and not my writing. Duh.
I hope you all have a great day writing and revising or whatever book stage you are at!
Let the synapses in your brain birth new ideas! Grow some super huevos grandes as you take risks. #barrioblues