The first four books were like learning how to ride an annoying bike with a flat tire, and no one in site to help. I made mistakes, of course, but now I am fixing some of the things that didn't go so well, like the covers. That one the left is a prototype of what I want redone and thank goodness my friend is helping. I also did a deep think about the concept of a series. It's not really a series, but they are part of the same familia, some of the stories are distant cousins, not members of the nuclear family.
So, on a random note, I had a panic attack yesterday because I realized I hadn't opened the draft of The Harvest in a long time. That's not what caused the panic. A few months back, when I was having computer troubles, I backed up my files to the cloud, but must have transferred folders over instead, thereby removing the files from my computer. Panic! Anyway, I found what I believe is the last "finished" version of my novel, and it needs more work. I want it to be finished for the pitching wars.
First, I have to finish my collection, Not Your Abuelita's Folktales; then, I'm sending it off to beta readers.
OK, I got up to early too to write, again. Of course, it doesn't help the Game of Thrones is so damned interesting.
Roll with the punches and stay true to your craft. #barrioblues